In June 2023, the Supreme Court ruled against the use of race-conscious admissions policies in higher education in the cases of Students for Fair Admissions v. University of North Carolina and Students for Fair Admissions v. Presidents and Fellows of Harvard College. This ruling significantly impacts admissions in PA education. To continue supporting programs in promoting equity, diversity, and inclusion through the admissions process, PAEA invites members to leverage the below resources.
In the coming weeks, additional resources on strategies PA programs can leverage to adapt to this ruling will be released on this page.
- Full Supreme Court Decision
- Students for Fair Admissions, Inc. v. University of North Carolina, et.al: What the Federal District Court Said and What It Can Mean for Postsecondary Institutions that Consider Race in Admissions
- Health Professions Amicus Brief
- SCOTUS Blog Summary of Cases
- AAMC Frequently Asked Questions